Dear valued pet parents, guardians and slaves.
Today, our nation will have to decide whether it wants to beat this little critter that saved civilisation so many times in the past from Hollywood’s alien invasions.
As we have communicated before, we will be doing our part to help minimize our footprint during these times. We have received confirmation that we can continue to operate, but, with a highly reduced footprint and keeping current safety guidelines, regulations and requirements in mind.
Agri SA has provided some feedback from their meeting with Minister Thoko Didiza and Director General (DG) Mike Mlengana from DALRRD on 26 March 2020, such as:
- The Director General confirmed that exempted essential goods and services can be transported across provincial borders. This is good news for our remote pet parents, as we will continue with our remote deliveries.
- The Director General stated that the Regulations are not set in stone and that they will table the issues with other Ministers and reconsider on a daily basis.
- The Director General reminds everyone that the purpose of the lock down is to limit movements in order to fight the virus – not to find loopholes.
As we have communicated, we are implementing self-isolation for seven (7) days. Next week, from the 1st of April, we will continue with the delivery schedule. However, a single truck only. We WILL NOT allow for any collections during the LOCK-DOWN. Please don’t ask for exceptions, as we must consider our own safety as well as yours.
In line with the current guidelines, we will insist on “contact-less deliveries”. This means that when you receive confirmation of delivery, you must consider the following:
- We will only deliver to home addresses.
- Someone is at home to take delivery.
- Provide a safe space for us to offload your order.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and us.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and the delivery vehicle.
- If your Estate Management Company or Agency, Homeowners Association or Body Corporate implemented strict access rules, please ensure that you pre-clear the delivery or provide for drop-off permission at the security entrance.
Due to these extraordinary times we cannot make any commitments towards specific time of the day delivery needs.
To our valued pet parents, guardians and slaves that are in positions worse than us, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Be smart and stay safe.
Dawn and Ockert.